The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) and the NFHS Network have entered into a partnership with PlayVS to begin the rollout of esports competition in high schools throughout the nation.
The RIIL is looking to collaborate, establish and oversee high school “E” Sports leagues in Rhode Island.
How It Works:
· Managed through a partnership with PlayVS, Esports will be played in two seasons (Oct-Jan/Feb-May) with different games that have been approved by the participating state association
· Each season consists of pre-, regular- and post-season competitions with a state champion being crowned for each game at the end of the season.
· Student teams are matched up with other schools across the states based on skill level.
· There is no traveling during the regular season! All matchups will happen within their own school walls with competitions played through the PlayVS online platform.
· Each school can field as many teams as they can for as many games in a season. Schools are required to have a faculty advisor, access to internet and computers.
For more information, go to: http://www.nfhs.org/sports-resource-content/esports/