The RIIL appreciates all of the print, broadcast and online media that cover the great accomplishments of the student-athletes, teams and coaches of our member schools. Regular-season games are under the jurisdiction of host schools; therefore, requests for media/sideline access for those contests must be obtained through an athletic director and/or school administrator. Media credentials for Rhode Island Interscholastic Tournament events are issued to appropriate persons employed by, and responsible to, recognized media entities.
Click link for: 2020-21 RIIL Media Credential Application
Please note: The RIIL will not issue Media Credentials the week of the event.
Media Members are reminded of the following guidelines:
- All media attending Rhode Island Interscholastic League Tournament Events are required to be registered in advance with the RIIL. (See link to Media Credential Registration Form) Members of the media who do not have these credentials will not have access to the sidelines or press box.
- Media Credential must be visible at all times.
- Media cannot be located in any space or area where they may interfere with action in the playing/coaching area
- All media photographers with the appropriate RIIL Media Credentials will have access to the sidelines and permission to take photographs.
- Media journalists and photographers must stand clear of the awards presentation area and are asked to refrain from conducting post-game interviews until after the awards ceremony has been completed.
- The Rhode Island Interscholastic League shall own the copyright of all broadcasts (live and delayed, excluding highlights – which are not longer than five (5) minutes in duration), films, videotapes, web casts, other electronic reproductions and recordings of events telecast pursuant to agreement. Notice of the Rhode Island Interscholastic League copyright shall be included as part of every Rhode Island Interscholastic League sports event telecast made pursuant to agreement. The notice shall consist of the symbol or the word “Copyright”, followed by the year that the event is first telecast and the name “Rhode Island Interscholastic League.” and shall appear in the opening and closing credits.
*** FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS MAY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF CREDENTIALS AND REMOVAL FROM THE MEDIA AREAS ***