Middle School Sport Director
The Rhode Island Interscholastic League (RIIL) is accepting applications for the part-time position of Middle School Sport Director. The Director serves the RIIL, a private non-profit corporation d/b/a the RIIL Principals' Committee on Athletics. The RIIL is not a state agency.
The RIIL, within its jurisdiction, supervises and controls the athletic programs, contests, and schedules and matters relating thereto, in participating secondary schools of the State of Rhode Island, whose principals are members of the Rhode Island Association of School Principals, to maintain, improve, and raise the athletic standards in the participating schools of the State of Rhode Island, and in general carry on any other lawful activity which is calculated, directly or indirectly to promote and enhance the goals of the RIIL.
The Middle School Director shall:
- Work with the Executive Director on general planning and administration to:
- Edit the RIIL Rules and Regulations handbook on yearly basis.
- Communicate with member schools regarding RIIL matters related to middle school athletics.
- Prepare reports for the Committee as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual middle school budget.
- Attend all compulsory coaches meetings.
- Assist in formulating schedules, playoffs and related RIIL activities.
- Perform those tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Professional education experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Strong leadership, planning, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and assist in directing the level of programming and activities comparable to the RIIL's programs of competitions and activities.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the RIIL office and staff.
- Provide leadership in the RIIL's day-to-day operations as they relate to Middle School sports.
- Demonstrated expertise in public relations, diplomacy, and communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated writing and computer skills.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with experience in high school boys' and girls' athletics, interscholastic administration and/or a business /marketing background.
- Employment will begin: January, 2024.
- Salary/Hours will be set by the Committee on Athletics.
- Submit in writing a current resume, which would include two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the candidate's qualification for the position,
- A one-page interest letter and your background and experience with the qualifications for the position.
- Completed resume and supporting materials must be submitted no later than 3:00PM on Friday, December 1, 2023 via email to: